Last week saw the opening of a new bar and restaurant in Belfast, Revolución de Cuba, a Latin-inspired cantina based at the former Café Vaudeville.
I went along last Wednesday and thought I would sample a few tapas and maybe listen to some Reggaeton tunes…but what I didn’t expect was to have a burrito masterclass, plates of gorgeous Latin American cuisine, rum tasting, cocktail making, even salsa dancing! Wow, what a party!
Located on the site of the original Belfast Savings Bank, this colourful and vibrant Havana-esque party hotspot is set across two floors. So what are the highlights?
- Latin favourites such as caipirinhas, piña coladas and cuba libres
- For budding bartenders, learn from the best cantineros in town by booking a group Cuban cocktail masterclass, ideal for parties or team-building.
- For lunch there’s flavour-packed salads, wraps, tacos, pulled pork sandwiches, or go for a lighter zesty burrito bowl
- When the sun goes down, choose from a huge selection of tantalising tapas such as gambas pil pil, patatas bravas, pork belly skewers, salmon ceviche and iberico ham croquettas.
- Happy hour kicks off at 5pm – 7pm. Enjoy 2-4-1 cocktails, before heading to the dancefloor where a carnival atmosphere is guaranteed with live Latin music and DJs.
- There’s an array of party packages including salsa dance lessons, tapas tastings and giant paellas!
- Enjoy fruit rum concoctions served in teapots and punch bowls, or opt for spirits by the bottle complete with a choice of complimentary mixers.
Check out my video and pictures to see it for yourself!