The EastSide Arts Festival kicks off today and I’ve seen loads about it online!
The 11-day programme features walks, tours, dance, music, yoga and more, at venues across east Belfast.
Having a young daughter myself, I’m always interested in what’s on offer for the wee ones so here’s a roundup of the best of the best for families.
- The first one is an event which Niamh and I will be going to next Saturday- Bollywood Baba! This is a family rave, Bollywood style, with lots of colour, props and amazing music, led by a team of brilliant Bollywood dancers. It’s for children aged 0-10 in the Big Top in C.S. Lewis Square. Book your Bollywood place here
- Also in the Big Top is The Irish Video Game Orchestra who create music for video games, TV and film. For kids learning instruments, why not join the professional musicians in their rehearsal before the gig and learn some of the music? Book your place on the exciting rehearsal here.
- Next up is Pink & Blue who, through clowning and fun, explores what it’s like to be a boy or a girl…and what it means to be who you really want to be! With silliness and fun, this show is for aged 4+. Book your spot with Pink & Blue here.
- For really little ones, check out Baby Daddy, a show for babies aged 6-18 months, featuring an all-male cast. Three actor-musicians perform to a maximum of 8 babies (and their grown-ups) in a specially designed sensory theatre space. Spaces limited so book now!
- Finally, following their brilliant performances in the Big Top last year, Tumble Circus is back! A gang of acrobats, jugglers and aerialists will entertain families, young and old. Book your place at the circus extravaganza here.
For the full festival programme visit www.eastsidearts.net and follow the Festival on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram #ESAFest19.