As I write this, it is threatening to rain! (Typical!)
We all love a BBQ but of course, it’s hard to plan because you never know what the weather might do. However, it’s National BBQ Week so at least one BBQ had to be on the cards!
I was delighted to receive a BBQ pack from Tesco Northern Ireland, championing local produce. So, as soon as the sun shone on Wednesday we fired up the coals!
In the pack we had:
- 4 Beef steak burgers and 4 chilli flavoured beef steak burgers (from Ballymena-based meat company Doherty and Gray)
- Hull’s of Ballymena smokey BBQ pork sausages
- Irwins white finger rolls (Portadown bakery)
- Country Kitchen reduced fat coleslaw (from Craigavon-based Avondale Foods)
- Sweet Chilli and Cranberry coleslaw (Newtownards company Provenance Salads)
- Nightingale Farms lettuce (grown in Northern Ireland)
- Dromona mature cheddar cheese slices (part of the Dale Farm group)
- “Really Good” floury baps (made in Armagh)
We were also treated to a selection of local beers and ciders:
- Belfast Blonde (Hilden Brewery in Lisburn)
- Madden’s Meadow Cider (from Armagh Cider Company)
- Horny Bull Stout (Hillstown Brewery in Randalstown)
- Yardsman Lager (Hercules Brewing Company in Belfast)
- Belfast Ale (Whitewater Brewery in Castlewellan)
- Carson’s Crisp cider (Armagh Cider company)
So, burgers, hotdogs and a few drinks was the order of the day this week! We loved it, especially since everything is made right here! Thanks Tesco!