How amazing has the weather been in Northern Ireland the last few days? 6 days in a row and due to last another 3 or 4!
Of course, it can only mean one thing…a BBQ!
I was very lucky to receive a package from Marks & Spencer on Friday containing products from its new Spirit of Summer range.
The range is described as “an adventure to explore the flavours of the Med” and is a mix of:
- cold picnic items such as chorizo and chickpea tortilla, or calamari with seasoned rice
- meats for the grill/BBQ including Pork Rib rack, and lamb grill steaks
- drinks such as Blood Orange wheat beer or Olive Vodka
- dressings and sauces including Sicilian Lemon and Basil vinaigrette, and Truffle Pesto
- ready-to-cook meals which include Linguine with scallops, pancetta and peas or Paprika Beef Bake
- food on the move such as Ham and Italian Smoked Cheese Piadina or Butternut Squash tabbouleh
- bakery goods including Orange and almond cupcake, and Morello cherry and pistachio tart
- snacks and treats such as Harissa sweet potato handcooked crisps or Prosecco Jellies
- and desserts including Honey and Ricotta cheesecake or Greek Peach Roulade
Included in my Spirit of Summer pack was all the goodies I needed to make a fantastic BBQ picnic and I couldn’t wait to get tucked in.
So on Saturday we fired up the BBQ and indulged in:
- Tomato and feta chicken sliders
- Chicken Souvlaki kebabs
- Smoky spiced new potatoes with garlic aioli
- Mixed slider grill (chorizo style pork sliders and Moroccan spiced lamb sliders)
- Skinny Pork Sausages (a new part of the M&S low fat/’skinny’ range of meat products)
The BBQ was amazing- particularly the Tomato and feta chicken sliders! They tasted so good! The Chorizo pork sliders were also battling it out for my favourite product! Check out the pictures below.
The Spirit of Summer range is showcasing at this year’s Balmoral Show (10th-13th May) which I am going to, so I’ll be sure to pick up a few more of the products to try out if that taster pack was anything to go by!